FREE CONSULTATION! Extra $100 Off For New Clients!
Minimally invasive skin REJUVINATION procedure that helps minimize signs of aging, appearance of acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles!
What is microneedling with SkinPen®?
SkinPen® Precision is the ONLY Class II, FDA Cleared Microneedling Device on the market. Using the SkinPen microneedling device creates controlled micro-injuries that triggers your body's natural healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and healing factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin. Microneedling is collagen induced therapy.
The Three Phases to microneedling wound repair:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your body's healing properties to start repairing the area by disinfecting the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The area where microneedling procedure is performed starts it's rebuilding process with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin. Also, new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The microneedling area has been replaced with new skin tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen is then replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
* Results may vary based on individual program adherence
Microneedling with SkinPen® can help to improve your skins appearance, making it the market standard. How do you know if SkinPen® is right for you? If you’re searching for:
- A procedure that helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and smooth wrinkles, SkinPen® may be used on all skin types.
- A safe solution with little recovery time.
- Results from a minimally-invasive procedure
- A procedure for ongoing maintenance of healthy skin.
- SkinPen® is different from traditional microneedling derma-rollers that can bend, break or even rust, resulting in possible infection or scarring with reuse.
SkinPen® uses adjustable length, disposable straight needles to penetrate at a 90-degree angle. This adjustability allows for differences in skin thickness and skin types. The vertical technology allows for extra precision.
Microneedling with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
Microneedling, a.k.a. the “Vampire Facial”, is often performed with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) on the skin in order to trigger a healing response. The Skin Pen device is used for micro-needling that contains many tiny needles that create hundreds of tiny channels in the skin. The micro-channels created by the micro-needling pen provide a direct pathway to the deeper layers of the skin. The PRP is then topically applied to the skin immediately following the micro-needling procedure. This is the first step in order to provoke healing and to help speed and intensify the repair and rejuvenation of your skin. PRP is your own blood sample that is drawn in office and is then centrifuged to separate the platelet plasma, which is then used for your treatment. We call PRP, our body's very own "Liquid Gold". PRP is used for facial rejuvenation that works by targeting the collagen within the dermis of your skin by using your own body’s growth factors. This helps to create new collagen as well as revive the existing collagen. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) can help rejuvenate the face and overall appearance. Microneedling with PRP at Hello Smooth is an ideal treatment to help smooth fine lines, wrinkles, scars and improve pigmentation & texture to your overall skin's health. It can also help increase plumpness and overall rejuvenation of the skin.
Growth Factors and Cytokines present in PRP:
Growth factors in the PRP serum and platelets are the main agents that help stimulate and repair the skin. The plasma that is enriched with your own platelets contain various growth factors that can help to remodel and repair skin damage by creating new skin.
- platelet-derived growth factor
- transforming growth factor beta
- fibroblast growth factor
- insulin-like growth factor 1
- insulin-like growth factor 2
- vascular endothelial growth factor
- epidermal growth factor
- interleukin 8
- keratinocyte growth factor
- connective tissue growth factor
What are the benefits of microneedling?
- Helps reduce signs of aging and improve appearances of acne scars as well as rejuvenate aging skin. In one study of 60 patients, there were a 31% improvement in skin texture after 3 micro needling treatments for acne scarring.
- Works with all skin types without fear of hyperpigmentation.
- Microneedling is not only for the face, but it can be used on many body parts. The SkinPen need can be adjusted from 0.25 mm to 2 mm which will be able to adjust to the type of skin in each body part making it versatile than other traditional rollers.
- SkinPen has a low risk of infections or scarring due to the nature of the technology patented for SkinPen.
- Works with the Skinfuse line of skin care regimen that is specifically formulated to provide the nutrients your skin needs to fully optimize the results of the SkinPen procedure.
Does microneedling hurt?
- The pain level that most people report back on average is about 1.08 out of 10 pain scale. For most people, that’s less painful than having your eyebrows waxed.
- Before the procedure, a topical anesthetic is applied to the area of the SkinPen procedure and that allows the client to practically feel little to no pain at all.
Is there downtime after the microneedling procedure?
- Downtime depends and varies from individual. Some have had their skin return to normal within 24 hours. The procedure will leave a slight swelling and redness (kind of like a sunburn) for 1-4 days after the microneedling procedure.
- During the 1-4 days of recovery, using Skinfuse RESCUE Calming Complex helps soothes the skin and reduce inflammation. During the recovery process, using this formula will help calm the skin following the microneedling procedure.,
* Results may vary based on individual program adherence
**In the U.S., the CoolSculpting procedure is FDA-cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges in the submental area, thigh, abdomen and flank, along with bra fat, back fat, upper arms, and underneath the buttocks (also known as banana roll). In Taiwan, the CoolSculpting procedure is cleared for the breakdown of fat in the flank (love handle), abdomen, and thigh. Outside the U.S. and Taiwan, the CoolSculpting procedure for non-invasive fat reduction is available worldwide. ZELTIQ, CoolSculpting, the CoolSculpting logo, the Snowflake design are registered trademarks of ZELTIQ Aesthetics, Inc. © 2017. CoolSculpting is the treatment doctors use most for non-invasive fat removal.
Disclaimer: BOTOX® is registered trademarks of Allergan. Dysport® & all mentioned Restylane® products are registered trademarks of Galderma. Hello Smooth, LLC is certified and registered agent with licenses and permission to use these products as medically necessary by our medical staff.