Effective Date: May 5th, 2016
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
“Non Personal Information” is information that is not personally identifiable to you and that we automatically collect when you access our Website with a web browser. It may also include publicly available information that is shared between you and others.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is non-public information that is personally identifiable to you and obtained in order for us to provide you within our Website. Personally Identifiable Information may include information such as your name, email address, and other related information that you provide to us or that we obtain about you.
Information We Collect
Generally, you control the amount and type of information you provide to us when using our Website.
As a Visitor, you can browse our website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information as a Visitor.
Computer Information Collected
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered Non Personal Information. We also collect the following:
When you use the mobile application, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located within and display information with relevant data or advertisements. We will not share your current location with other users or partners. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
We automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyze trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
Like many Website operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Additional data may be collected without our knowledge. Third parties, including website host companies and search engines may, through embedded coding, collect data that Hello Smooth is unaware of and does not specifically seek to collect.
Under the Child’s Online Privacy Security Act, no website operator can require, as a condition to involvement in an activity, that a child younger than 13 years of age divulge more details than is reasonably required. Hello Smooth abides by this demand. Hello Smooth just collects information willingly offered; no information is gathered passively. Children under 13 can submit only their email address when sending us an email in our “Contact Us” area. Hello Smooth makes use of the e-mail address to respond to a one-time demand from a child under 13 and afterwards deletes the e-mail address. In case Hello Smooth collects and maintains personal information relating to a child under 13, the parent may send out an email to us to review, alter and/or erase such info as well as to decline to enable any additional collection or use of the child’s information. In general, however, users under the age of 18 must obtain parental consent before using the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
Customizing Our Website
We may use the Personally Identifiable information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Website.
Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We may sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. Such information will remove personal health information and sensitive information but will include general and contact information. We may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliates that provide services to us with regards to our Website (i.e. payment processors, Website hosting companies, etc.); such affiliates will only receive information necessary to provide the respective services and will be bound by confidentiality agreements limiting the use of such information. You are not entitled to compensation for the sale of any such information
We retain the right to collect and use any Non Personal Information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and Service as well as for use or resale to others. At no time is your Personally Identifiable Information included in such data aggregations.
Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information, if such disclosure is (a) required by subpoena, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties including you and/or other Members; and/or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of Hello Smooth Laser Studio, our Users, employees, and affiliates.
We offer you the chance to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for particular functions, when we ask you for this detail. When you register for the Site, if you do not want to receive any additional material or notifications from us, you can show your preference on our registration form.
Links to Other Websites
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We utilize practical protection measures to safeguard against the loss, abuse, and modification of the individual Data under our control. Personal Data is kept in a secured database and always sent out by means of an encrypted SSL method when supported by your web browser. No Web or e-mail transmission is ever totally protected or mistake cost-free. For example, email sent out to or from the Website may not be protected. You must take unique care in deciding what info you send to us by means of e-mail.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us.
NOTICE OF HIPAA PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION.
Please review it carefully.
OUR PLEDGE REGARDING YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
We understand that information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting your health information. We will create a personal record of the care and services you receive at Hello Smooth Laser Studio.
We need this record to provide you with quality care and to comply with certain legal requirements. This notice will tell you about the ways we may use and disclose your health information. We also describe your rights and certain obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of your health information
WE ARE REQUIRED BY LAW TO:
- Make sure that health information that identifies you is kept private.
- Give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your health information.
- Follow the terms of the notice that is currently in effect.
WHO WILL FOLLOW THIS NOTICE
The notice describes the practices of Hello Smooth Laser Studio and that of any health care professional authorized to enter information into your medical record, including medical staff, all departments and units of Hello Smooth Laser Studio. all employees, staff, volunteers, and other personnel.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION:
Your health information may be used by staff members or disclosed to other health care professionals for the purpose of evaluating your health, diagnosing medical conditions, and providing treatment. For example, results of laboratory tests and procedures will be available in your medical record to all health professionals who may provide treatment or who may be consulted by staff members.
Your health information may be used as necessary to support the day-to-day activities and management of Hello Smooth Laser Studio. For example, information on the services you received may be used to support budgeting and financial reporting, and activities to evaluate and promote quality. Law Enforcement-Your health information may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies without your permission, to support government audits and inspections, to facilitate law enforcement investigations, and to comply with government mandated reporting.
Public Health Reporting
Your health information may be disclosed to public health agencies as required by law. For example, we are required to report certain conditions, reactions or communicable disease to the State’s Public Health Department:
- To prevent or control disease, injury or disability.
- To report reactions to medications or problems with products.
- To notify people of recalls of products they may be using.
- To notify a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition.
- To notify the appropriate government authority if we believe an adult patient has been the victim of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. We will only make this disclosure if you agree or when required or authorized by law.
Military and Veterans. If you are a member of the armed forces, we may release your health information as required by military command authorities. We may also release health information about foreign military personnel to the appropriate foreign military authority.
Lawsuits and Disputes
If you are involved in a lawsuit or a dispute, we may disclose your health information in response to a court or administrative order. We may also disclose your health information in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute.
While you are undergoing exams, a health care worker may accidentally be exposed to blood or other body fluids. If this occurs, your blood will be tested for the presence of certain diseases (for example, HIV, Hepatitis viruses). This is necessary to help protect the health care worker. The results of these tests will be a part of your medical record and will not be released except with your prior consent or as required by law.
OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES THAT REQUIRE YOUR AUTHORIZATION
Disclosure of your health information or its use for any purpose other than those listed above requires your specific written authorization. If you change your mind after authorizing a use of disclosure of your information, you may submit a written revocation. However, your decision to revoke the authorization will not affect or undo any use of disclosure of information that occurred before you notified us of your decision.
Hello Smooth is required by law to maintain the privacy of your protected health information and to provide you with this Notice of Privacy Practices. We are required to abide by the privacy policies and practices that are outlined in this notice.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
You have certain rights under the Federal privacy standards. These include:
- The right to request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your protected health information.
- The right to receive confidential communications concerning your medical condition and treatment.
- The right to inspect and copy your protected health information.
- The right to amend or submit corrections to your protected health information.
- The right to receive an accounting of how and to whom your protected health information has been disclosed.
- The right to receive a printed copy of this notice.
ADDITIONAL USES OF INFORMATION
- Appointment reminders Your health information will be used by our staff for appointment reminders.
- Information About Treatments Your health information may be used to send you information on any recommended procedures or treatments relevant to the management of your medical condition.
- We may also send you information describing other health-related goods and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
Changes to this Notice:
We reserve the right to change this notice. We reserve the right to make the revised or changed notice effective for health information we already have about you, as well as any information we receive in the future.
Privacy notices will contain the effective date(s) on the last page of any acknowledgement you submit. We will post a copy of the current Notice of Privacy Practices at 155 Bartram Market Dr., Suite 125, St Johns, FL 32259
Complaints may be filed with HHS by Internet using the Administrative Simplification Enforcement Tool at http://htct.hhs.gov/.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies and/or the practices of this Web site, please contact us at:
Hello Smooth Laser Studio
155 Bartram Market Dr., Suite 125, St Johns, FL 32259
Consent for Use & Disclosure of Health Information
* Purpose of Consent: By submitting your information to Hello Smooth Laser Studio online, you consent to our use and disclosure of your protected health information to carry out treatment, payment activities and healthcare operations including the use of such information in e-mail communications.
* Notice of Privacy Practices: You have the right to read our Notice of Privacy Practices and our E-MAIL POLICY before you decide whether to sign the consent and acknowledgement form. Our notice provides a description of the uses and disclosures we may make of your protected health information, and of other important matters about your protected health information.
* Our E-MAIL POLICY describes how we communicate via email including the use of your protected health information in such communications. We encourage you to read them carefully and completely before signing the consent and acknowledgement form. You may read these policies posted in our clinic at 112 Bartram Oaks Walk #103, Fruit Cove, FL 32259 or request a copy of these policies at our front desk.
* Notice of E-MAIL POLICY: By submitting your information to Hello Smooth online or by e-mail, you consent to our receipt and transmission of e-mail messages with you, including messages that may contain your protected health information.
Hello Smooth can only provide prescriptions or therapy services to patients who have a clinical need. To determine a clinical need, patients must complete any required lab work, physician consultations, examinations and a medical history review. Hello Smooth may require such examinations to occur in person prior to prescribing. Please note that even if you complete these steps, a clinical necessity for our prescriptions or hormone therapy may not be found.
Any claims or opinions stated within our Hello Smooth Laser Studio website should not be constructed as medical advice or as a diagnostic. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please be advised that the statements on this informational website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
We reserve the right to change our privacy practices as described in our Notice of Privacy Practices and/or our E-mail policies as described in our E-MAIL POLICY above. If we change our practices, we will issue a revised Notice of Privacy Practices or a revised E-MAIL POLICY which will contain the changes, as applicable. Those changes may apply to any of your protected health information that we maintain.
You may obtain a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices, including any revisions of our Notice and/or a copy of our E-MAIL POLICY, at any time by contacting us by E-mail at [email protected] or calling 1-904-342-2383.
* Right to Revoke: You will have the right to revoke your consent at any time by giving us written notice of your revocation. Please understand that revocation of this consent will not affect any action we took in reliance upon this consent before we received your revocation, and that we may decline to treat you or to continue treating you if you revoke this consent.
Brought to you by Hello Smooth.