Our skin changes as we age, it’s just a part of growing older.. It becomes thinner, loses fat, and no longer looks as plump and smooth as it once did. Facial aging actually begins in your 20s, when skin firmness begins to decrease as a result of both internal (genetics and natural aging) and external (sun exposure, smoking, pollution, sleeping positions, etc) factors.
Thankfully, your friends here at Hello Smooth have ways of helping you fight back against these changes to help you age a little more gracefully, and on your terms. One of our most popular and effective techniques involves the proper use of dermal fillers.
If you’re considering a FDA approved and non-surgical facial enhancement that will correct facial wrinkles and restore fullness to the skin, we invite you speak with our professional staff about the benefits of RESTYLANE® and JUVÉDERM®. Here is a short FAQ about these amazing products and procedures.
1. What do JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® dermal fillers do? These products are both hyaluronic acids. They help add volume to you face such as cheeks or lips and also help minimize the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles. There are many different kinds of JUVÉDERM® and/or Restylane® products. Your practitioner will be able to recommend the best type of dermal filler product for your desired area/s of concern.
2. Do JUVÉDERM® and/or Restylane® injections hurt? While any injections may cause discomfort, a topical numbing cream can be applied to the treated area to aid in a more comfortable treatment. There is also lidocaine in the product that aids in numbness as the product is injected.
3. Are JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® Safe? – Both of these products are FDA approved hyaluronic acid treatments and have a well proven track records.
4. How long do the effects last? Longevity of dermal fillers depend on the treated area of concern and the type of product used. Most typically, JUVÉDERM® or Restylane® can last anywhere between 6-12 months.
5. Are there side effects associated with these treatments?- Tenderness, bruising, swelling, small bumps or lumps for the first 1-2 weeks after the injection are the most common side effects. Applying arnica gel and applying ice packs post treatment will help alleviate these side effects.
If you would like to know more about how JUVÉDERM® and RESTYLANE® can help you achieve the look you are longing for, don’t wait another minute. It’s time to treat yourself! Give us a call or make an appointment online now for a free consultation. Hello Smooth is always here to help you Be Smooth, Be Cool, and Be YOU!